Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Lunch a the Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden

Here is the lunch that I bought from the basement of the Isetan Department store which is in Shinjuku.
It was great that you could buy small serving sizes, so you could have a very nice lunch without wasting any food.
I got so excited when I saw a sourdough bagel - I realised that I was starved for nonwhite fluffy bread!
The other picture is what I was looking at during lunch. You can't quite see because of the shadows, but in the dark area was a lovely feature waterfall, and the scene was surronded by sakura.
Earlier in the morning, I had been on a guided tour, and the guide had pointed out that the Shinjuku Gyoen Park had plenty of what is called 'double-flowered sakura' which blooms a little later than the more well known sakura, which was at it's height right now. She said that she preferred it and having seen some of it, I can understand why.

No comments:

Post a Comment