Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Busy Oban?

In past Mods I've been to, in some of the towns where it's been held, you wouldn't know that you were at Scotland's second largest Arts Festival, after the Edinburgh Festival. This is not the case in Oban.

I overheard four older women chatting in the main street about it. From their conversation, you could tell that they were locals, and they were very positive about what was happenning in their town this week.

However, it's obviously too much for some, as I overheard one teenager saying "there's too many people here. " I took the above photo almost immediately afterwards to remind myself what constitutes 'busy' in Oban.

I've always liked Oban, both as a place, and as an ideal place for a Mod. All the venues are close together and it has a real community feeling. You get lots of Islanders - always a great thing - as the ferries come from the islands straight into Oban.

No comments:

Post a Comment