Monday, October 12, 2009

Aussie Rules

I don't know if it hit the news in Australia, but Australian Neil Robertson won the snooker Grand Prix yesterday, which was held in Kelvin hall in Glasgow while I was here.

The competition was broadcast live on BBC, and I got totally hooked into it. The BBC cops a lot of flak, but it's such a great quality broadcaster. I think that the people on the ground - the presenters and the technical crews are terrific and are its saving grace, because they have to cope with the management decisions, which are at times, to put it mildly, are somewhat questionable.

Anyway, the way in which Neil Robertson dealt with the pressure was inspirational, and something in which he can really be proud of.

Regardless, I've become a fan....

No comments:

Post a Comment